What People Are Saying About Mary's Book
Creative Mentorship and Career-Building Strategies is about mentoring and career building strategies; it illustrates how building strong professional relationships is an essential step in building a strong career. Every aspiring leader can learn valuable lessons from reading this book.
– Lynn Videka, PhD, Professor of Social Work; Dean; McSilver Faculty Fellow; Silver School of Social Work at New York University
Do you need a job? Creative Mentorship and Career-Building Strategies focuses in on the details of how to build your network and gives you a step by step guide to locating the right position for you. If you need career strategies start with this book.
– Terrie M. Williams, Author of The Personal Touch: what You Really Need to Succeed in Today’s Fast-Paced Business World
Creative Mentorship and Career-Building Strategies is a must-read for anyone hoping to have a successful career. Mary Pender Greene has written the authoritative book on effective mentoring in the 21st century. This book will become the manual for how to develop your personal board of advisors, and use it to great effect.
– David A. Thomas, PhD, Dean and William R. Berkley Chair; Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business.
Mary Pender Greene is a splendid example of the doer and the thinker rolled into one. She conceptualizes the power of consulting others while being a fabulous source of intelligence, sensitivity and inspiration herself. I would not dream of taking on a major new project without talking to her and seeing the world through her eyes. I imagine this book will be a classic in the field helping others refine and define themselves through multiple points of view. It is a privilege to recommend her book.
– Alan Bernstein LCSW-R, CGP, Author, Mastering the Art of Quitting
Anyone who is either beginning their career, including students, or who is looking to create momentum in their career path will benefit from the relationship building strategies offered in this book.
– Dawn M. Porter, MD Board Certified Child, Adolescent and Adult Psychiatrist Founder/CEO Family Renewed
Creative Mentorship will transform your career. Mary Pender Greene weaves her expertise as an executive coach, organizational consultant, and psychotherapist into a compelling guide for personal growth. Learn how to reach your dreams by strategically expanding your circle of influence. This is a “must read” for anyone who wants to fulfill their professional potential.
– Sidney Hankerson, MD, MBA Assistant Professor of Clinical Psychiatry Columbia University, College of Physicians and Surgeons
As a result of the Great Recession which has hurt America, so many able professionals are out of work or underemployed. If you have been hurt by the economic setback, you need Mary Pender Greene and her sage advice now more than ever. You may not be able to meet Mary face to face, but you can still benefit from her wisdom. Read Creative Mentorship and Career-Building Strategies, and you will have a premier mentor ready to help you get ahead. A must-read.
– Dr. Steven Huberman, Dean, Graduate School of Social Work Touro College
Creative Mentorship and Career-Building Strategies is the book all professionals should own. It is a well-written document that identifies and explains all aspects of effective mentoring. It further illustrates how to take a proactive, hands-on approach to mentorship at all levels of a professional’s career and the benefits of creating their own Virtual Personal Board of Directors (VPBOD) as a methodology for managing developmental networks.
– Frances L. Brisbane, Ph.D. Dean and Professor School of Social Welfare Stony Brook University Health Sciences Center
Mary Pender Greene’s approach to mentorship is liberating for those for anyone who wants to be mentored but finds it difficult to establish a close relationship with someone you might not know that well. Creating a personal board of directors allows you to maximize on the benefits of being mentored while minimizing the feeling of vulnerability. Feeling vulnerable is perhaps the greatest challenge to the whole notion of mentoring.
– Robert S. Schachter, DSW, LMSW Executive Director NYC Chapter National Association of Social Workers
Creative Mentorship and Career-Building Strategies: How to Build Your Virtual Personal Board of Directors, provides for the reader a fresh and exciting way to think about the meaning of the mentoring relationship that will maximize benefits to the mentor and the mentee. The book offers strategies for continual growth and change in the pursuit of excellence and development across the professional work life course.
– Peter B. Vaughan, Ph.D., ACSW Professor and Dean Emeritus Graduate School of Social Service Fordham University