Job Opening – Administrator
Job Title: Administrator
Reports to: President & CEO
Department: Administration Team
Full-Time Virtual Administrator (Brooklyn, NY)
We are looking for an experienced F/T Administrator to join the Administration Team of a coaching and consulting business specializing in culturally attuned and anti-racist work. To succeed in this role, you must enjoy helping people,
be proactive, and possess excellent time-management, multitasking, and project management skills. You will collaborate with various consultants from different client teams in a fast-paced environment, which requires strong interpersonal and communication skills. This role contributes to the efficiency of the business by ensuring administrative initiatives are carried out timely and effectively.
- This position is F/T, mostly virtual, with some onsite time in an office environment in Brooklyn.
- There will be occasional evening and weekend work (virtual).
- Salary based on experience.
How to Apply:
- Include a resume and brief cover letter with qualifications, availability, and desired salary.
- Submissions without this information will not be considered.
- Maintain owner’s agenda and assist in planning appointments and meetings.
- Receive phone calls and redirect them when appropriate.
- Make travel arrangements and arrange accommodations.
- Handle confidential documents, ensuring they remain secure.
- Order office supplies when necessary.
- Maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible.
- Conduct research and prepare presentations or reports.
- Organize and maintain client records and update internal databases.
- Answer consultant queries and forward them to the CEO, CFO, or lead consultant.
- Retrieve company and consultant data as requested.
- Prepare conference rooms (e.g., make reservations and check equipment).
- Electronically send company materials to clients (e.g., brochures, announcements, proposals).
- Schedule, set-up, and organize workshops and retreats.
- Schedule and organize client and consultant team meetings.
- Accomplishes results by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, and initiating and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Completes special projects by coordinating information/requirements; planning, arranging, and meeting schedules; monitoring results.
- Supports the company in achieving financial goals by anticipating requirements, submitting information
to Finance Department for invoices, and monitoring costs and expenditures.
- Establishes quality improvement and efficient continuity among client and consultant work teams by documenting and communicating actions, issues, and continuing needs.
- 3+ years of experience as an Administrator, Executive Assistant, Office Manager, or similar role.
- Experience working virtually; quiet home office set up.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, social sciences, or related field.
- Proficient in MS Office and experience using office equipment such as printers and fax machines.
- Experience in office management, database, and basic accounting procedures.
- Familiar with basic research methods and reporting techniques.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to commute to Brooklyn occasionally.
Please click here to download the pdf version.